Friday, June 12, 2009

smoke


smoke
brown col-erase on paper, 11x14"
(another crummy photograph)

I've always had this problem of not being able to draw consistently, so I decided to try to draw a second image in the same style as "ibis". But this didn't work out so well. This girl looks so awkward, forced, and contrived. It didn't help that I grew tired of it and threw in a half-assed background... lol ;-;

So, in my quest to battle my inability to draw in a consistent style, my hope is to develop a series of drawings that follow the same style and theme. Perhaps I'll give this hair thing one more try...

3 comments:

a_ndy said...

That's pretty harsh commentary. I still like it, these skinny, naked, glasses-wearing girls have an elusive appeal. But I don't know if I approve of this shameless promotion of smoking as cool. :)

Joyce said...

Awww, thanks. I am my own worst critic? ;-;

Ah! I was going to write about how I'm actually vehemently against smoking because I didn't want to send the wrong message, but I forgot. :(

General Contractors Aurora said...

Nice post thankss for sharing