Saturday, February 5, 2011

sukonbu princess

I decided I deserved a break after a long week full of deadlines. :)

sukonbu princess
PaintTool SAI 1.01 + adjustments in Adobe Photoshop CS4

This is Kagura, from one of my all-time favourite anime, Gintama (its punchlines come straight out of grade school humour, but I love it...) . I'm trying to use SAI whenever I'm not doing school things. I've gotten so rusty at it! But I find it pretty amazing how we're capable of remembering shortcuts in so many different programs (thank goodness for procedural memory?!).

Will post school things when I can bring myself to open up the files again to save out images!

(PS. Any Gintama fans out there? Waiting for April 2011!!!)

4 comments:

Andreea said...

I really like the background - the light coming through the windows/bars is wonderful!

Geoffrey L Cheung said...

i love the lighting...!!!!!!!!!

Lilies in my Cereal said...

Oh so cool!!!!

Joyce said...

@ Andreea: Thanks! Yay for PS adjustment layers to enhance the effect.

@ Geoff: Being in the 3D stream has made me much more conscious of lighting and composition!

@ Lilies: Thank you! :)