Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jamaica doodlings

i just got back from Montego Bay, Jamaica for my sister's destination wedding and had an awesome time! It was incredibly hot and humid there, but it appears that Toronto is just as hot right now!

Anyway, here are some of the drawings i did there while enjoying some Red Stripe! First up, a dead fish (of course!). My dad, who was apparently the first man to go fishing at this resort, caught this fish along the shore (whoever can tell me what species this is gets a cookie! i actually forgot to draw its whiskers - likely a detail important to its identification...). i thought of Bidloo as i added in the flies...

unidentified dead fish
watercolour on paper

i had a number of ballpoint pen sketches of other striped fish, mussels, and sea urchins along the coast, but i accidentally got sunblock on them...

Anyway, my next painting was not so morbid! Here is my mom relaxing on the beach. :)

by the seaside
watercolour + sakura microns on paper

At the Toronto Pearson airport, i started drawing people around me like a real creeper during the long wait at customs...

noob-ish character studies @ airport
ballpoint pen on paper <-- dang, my new RSVP pens are no good, totally leaky!

i also drew some anime stuff during the flight that is pretty much unrelated to Jamaica, so i will post those later! Ah, i miss being spoiled silly at the resort already... D:

2 comments:

Wai Khan Au said...

I like your fish painting! It reminds me of "yellow flower" fish! Do you like fish a lot?

Joyce said...

Thanks! /no idea what type of fish that is... ;-;

Yus! According to some, i have a "fish complex"... ;A;