Sunday, April 1, 2012

jumping on the hunger games bandwagon...

With so much hype surrounding the release of the Hunger Games movie, I grew curious about the story. The result: I finished the three books in five days. Aside from the fact that I have a tendency to marathon things, I think Suzanne Collins created a very intriguing world with underlying issues that are not completely unlike those of our own society. Anyway, this is an art blog so I'll spare you from a book review. ;)

I wanted to get some Hunger Games art out of my system before watching the movie next week and getting influenced by it!

the hunger games
PaintTool SAI 1.01

I started off just doodling headshots, so the lack of planning really shows in the poor composition lol. I seem to have lost the patience/ability to do anything beyond a rough sketch lately... :'D

4 comments:

Chanp said...

nice. :D

Joyce said...

Thanks, Peter! :)

a_ndy said...

LOVE TRIANGLE! Dude... you binged the books?

Joyce said...

Angsty teenager love triangle woooo! (actually to be fair to Suzanne Collins, it wasn't really that angsty at all)

Yes... I always binge books and series and everything. :'D